...not really! I'd like to thank all the little people...oh wait! I AM the little people! I would sincerely like to thank my friend Mary over at The Tulip Patch for awarding my humble little blog with this...
There are a couple of rules that go along with this award. The 1st is, I get to pass this award on to 8 of my favorite "stylish" blogs. And 2nd is, I have to share 8 things about myself that you may, or may not, know about me. And in the hopes that you will stop at each of these links and skip over the 8 boring facts about myself, I will start with the links...
and the awards (in no particular order) go to...
Sandy @ Sandy's Sew Clever
Victoria @ She's Crafty
Grandmama Jane @ Grandmama's Stories
Natasha @ Joy of Quilting
Andrea @ Millions of Thoughts
Miranda (and Charlie) @ Miranda and Charlie
Erin @ My Patchwork Life
Vera @ Seams to Sew and Quilt
I "follow" roughly 85 blogs (yes, I counted, and yes, I read new posts everyday!) and it was really hard to single out just 8...I love them all! These are just SOME of my favorites and they ALL deserve this award, too!
Ok, so I guess there's just one more order of business...
1. I've been a hair stylist for almost 18 yrs now and I absolutely LOVE my job, although, it does cramp my quilty style occassionally.
2. I'm "mom" to 3 beautiful, talented, extraordinary, funny, etc...children...who are not exactly "children" anymore. At 20, 18, and almost 15, they are almost grown.
3. I am married to the "Love of my life" who has 4 kids of his own. I call them my "bonus" kids.
4. I have NEVER won a giveaway in blogland. And I've entered A LOT.
5. I have an addictive personality (self-diagnosed, of course). But because of this awareness, I have chosen to make my addictions of the sewing-kind. Also, puzzles of just about any kind, but mostly numbers. I love math and I suspect that's why quilting is SEW appealing to me...lots of math in quilting :)
6. My very 1st job was at McDonald's. Which I am oddly kinda proud of...not even I know why. I encouraged each of my kids to apply there when they were old enough, but none would :(
7. Both my girls are also hair stylists. The oldest has had her license for 2 years now and the younger will test for her license in May.
8. I can solve a Rubik's cube. I keep one on my station at work and will occassionally ask someone to "mess it up" for me. I love love LOVE coming into work and finding it "messed up". And I cannot leave work until it's "fixed".
So there you have it. Be sure to check out the links above and to those of you who have wandered over from The Tulip Patch, WELCOME! I would love to get to know ALL of you so leave me a comment, click on "follow" and if you have a blog, let me know so I can follow you, too...there's always room for more on my reading list ;)
Make-A-List Monday - So Much To Do!!
1 hour ago